Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Just another manic Monday....

And no.. I don't wish it was Sunday.. coz I was working on the weekend too!
There were a couple of reports due today [I'm writing this on Tuesday night] and that was way more work than I had estimated.
One of the reports was a financial reporting analysis of John Deere and boy..was that was a mixed bag!
The part I liked best came after we turned in our reports. We had Dan Dolan, the Director of Management Reporting at John Deere, come to class and talk to us about the case. It was great to hear the 'insider' version of the case and why Deere does the things it does.
And this is one of the things I really like about Tippie. Lots of the work we do in class deal with real life data and this makes the analysis seem much more relevant. And then actually having someone from the company talk about it and answer questions gives you a clarity of understanding which I don't think is possible otherwise.

Well.. now I've got a couple of days with no deadlines and that feels good! But considering that finals are around the corner, I wonder if I should be feeling so relaxed..

No comments: