Thursday, February 7, 2008

Alumni reception in Minneapolis

2008 is proving to be the 'year of travel' for me... and pretty hectic travel at that!
And I have a lot more travel lined up - the consulting course I'm taking this semester, the case competition, the job shadow and of course the networking trips... Well, it seems like I'll have a lot to blog about!!

We had an alumni reception event in Minneapolis a few days back. It was just fabulous!
Over and above the fact that it was a great networking event, it was overwhelming to see how passionate alumni are to help current students.
And I think thats the best part of being a Tippie MBA. You can feel the strong sense of community the day you walk in; and it seems to stays with you for the rest of your life.
Well.. once a Hawkeye, always a Hawkeye!!

We also managed to squeeze in a a few company visits while we were up there. Considering that internship season is in full swing, it was a good opportunity to check out companies we'd like to work for in the summer.
Talking about internships, its probably time for me to get a little more focussed!

No comments: