Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Summer in DC !

I've (finally) decided on what I'll be doing in summer. And guess what? I took neither of the jobs I talked about in my previous post. I will be working with an international business consulting firm in Washington, DC.

They are quite a niche firm doing great work. Their main focus is on helping firms expand to emerging markets - Latin America, India, China, Africa etc. I will be working on two projects during the summer - both with clients based out of Europe. I have a good feel for the kind of work I will be doing and am I excited! :)

The flip side - I will need to start as soon as finals week is done (Thats two weeks from now). Which means no real break after the semester. I could have used a week off, but I guess I'll have to wait till summer's over. And then there is all the logistics associated with moving to DC for the summer. But I'm not complaining!

I've got a pretty packed schedule for the next couple of weeks.. the final presentation for our consulting class is due this Friday (we'll be presenting at the Zurich office in Chicago) .. got a couple of cases due this week.. next week is finals.. then I start my internship the Monday after that. But I guess its only a fitting end to what has been a hectic semester!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

as far as I am aware, you have made a couple of 'journeys' by now... far away from Iowa city.

either update this blog or shut it down... heh.

Emily said...

Hi, I'm writing a story about the IEM and how UI students use it. Would you be interested in commenting?

Hawkeye said...

Sure, Emily. You can contact me at navin-gopal@uiowa.edu

Arindam said...

hey navin...looking fwd to hearing from you bout ur DC exp.