Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Decision time...

Not all decisions can be postponed indefinitely...
I now have two internship offers and both are great opportunities. One is with a strategy group of a multi-national media company - they have just acquired a competitor and if I were to join them I would work on the strategic integration of the two firms. Pretty cool stuff. And it is located in Iowa City. Considering that I have a lot of travel lined up in fall, I wouldn't mind spending the summer here.

The other offer is equally interesting - it is with a UK based engineering firm that has operations across the globe and the internship serves as a feeder to their full-time rotational program. The interesting part of this job is that the rotational program will have me working in different roles in least three different countries in two years. In summer I will probably be located out of Chicago, but that is still open.

And now comes the dilemma.. I will have to choose one fast! I need to reply to the folks in Iowa City by tomorrow and I think I know what my decision is. But I'll hold out till the last minute! And I'm also waiting on a consulting gig I interviewed for. This one's on the East Coast and I should hear from them soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what was the name of the engineering company that had the rotational mba program? its something I am extremely interested in. thanks!