Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Job Shadow - 3

I'm now back in Iowa City, trying to put some structure to my thoughts. As I think about the last few days, there is one oft-repeated, cliched expression that comes to mind - 'drinking from a fire-hose'! Not a very eloquent phrase, but it does sum up my job shadowing experience. I have learned so much just by observing from the sidelines, that I would not have thought possible before this.

As I now 'join the dots' over the events that finally led to the job shadow, I realize that it would not have been possible but for the support I got from the Tippie program at various stages - from the presentation they organized, which created my first point of contact with Manny, to the letter from the Dean which helped convince Manny of my keen interest in entrepreneurship. Without doubt, the value addition I have gained over the last few days had definitely made this one of the highlights of my MBA experience.

No comments: