Friday, August 29, 2008

Back in Iowa City, for a while.

It's been a couple of weeks since I returned to Iowa City, after finishing my internship in Washington, DC and Milan. It was an awesome, though hectic, summer but towards the end I found myself missing IC!
It's been only a year since I first came to IC, but it already feels like home. Like I belong here.

The last couple of weeks were pretty chilled out - and that is exactly what I needed! The new batch of MBA students are here now - the Class of 2010 just had their IMPACT week (Read my earlier post on IMPACT here).

And it is still to sink in that I'm halfway done with my MBA!! It has been a fabulous one year - I've learnt a lot, met amazing people, made some great friends and expanded my horizons. I feel truly amazed at how much I've grown over the last year. Which is why I'm feeling a little nostalgic right now, as I start packing for my exchange semester at RSM (Recap: I will be spending this fall semester on exchange at the Rotterdam School of Management)

I leave tomorrow afternoon and though I'm very excited, there is a lingering little thought... of how I'll miss this place. So I guess its a nice coincidence that I get to be at a tailgate before I leave! The Hawkeyes play their first football game of the season tomorrow and since my flight is in the evening, I get to enjoy the first tailgate!! :)

Time to pack..

No comments: