Sunday, August 10, 2008

A sojourn in Milan

After three weeks in DC, I left for Milan. Accompanied by a couple of my new colleagues from the DC office, we set out to create an internationalization strategy for an Italian IT firm. The next few weeks were spent at the client's office - meeting, interviewing, presenting et al.
It felt good to be able to use stuff I learnt a few months back at Tippie to solve a strategic problem in the corporate world. In Italy. :)

A few weeks later, when we gave our final presentation to the client's executive team, I felt much more comfortable and relaxed than I've felt while presenting during the Marketing class at the Tippie MBA!! And my consulting gig during the spring semester definitely helped a lot.
After our final presentation (which, by the way, was very well received), I worked on my next project - an international acquistion deal.

I worked on the strategic analysis of the deal and helped in the intial business diligence. An awesome experience, especially since I got the chance to be involved at the very highest level. During this time I worked out of my company's office in downtown Milan - located at Corso Venezia, we were right at the heart of the city! A few blocks from the beautiful Duomo di Milano (Milan Cathedral) and the very trendy street of Via Montenapoleone, it was definitely a great place to work!

Amazing food, excellent coffee, great wine.. all in a vibrant, fashionable city - Milan just stole my heart. It was an excellent experience to be submerged in a totally different culture and I feel that this brief stint has definitely helped me grow - both as a professional and as a person.

No comments: