Friday, August 1, 2008

Summer chronicles... contd.

I spent the first three weeks of my summer internship in Washington, DC. During this period, most of my time on the job was spent in getting to know the firm, the people and the clients I would be working with during the summer.

Over the last few years I have come to realise that work-culture, and the people you work with, are as important (if not more important) than the actual job itself. And my summer experience was made even more memorable by the fact that I worked with an absolutely fabulous bunch of people. Not only did I get to do some really good work, I had a blast doing it!

And DC is an awesome city! Of course, it was great to see the monuments and galleries, but DC in summer seems to have a unique charm of its own. Lounging on the lawns of the National Gallery of Art on a Friday evening, listening to jazz and enjoying your drink... aah... I can't think of a better way to spend a summer evening. :)

Another discovery that pleasantly surprised me... tucked away on Massachusetts Ave, opposite the British Embassy, is a memorial park dedicated to Khalil Gibran. One of my favorites, Gibran is a Lebanese-American writer/poet/painter/sculptor. (His book "The Prophet" was the bestselling book of the twentieth century in the United States, second only to the Bible!!)

Some pictures... :)











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)
Comforting sights in unexpected places.